Become a Contributor
The Contributor Program allows community members, groups and companies to collaborate on NEAR’s development efforts within their field of expertise. Projects are divided into four categories, event organisation, development, writing and education; each focusing on different tasks. Whether you are an individual, passionate contributing to open source projects, you are hosting a meetup group related to open web, or you want to help NEAR produce qualitative content, this program provides you with the support and resources to contribute.
Everything I do in the program is not only contributing to NEAR's growth but also to my own development.Buster
After a few weeks, I had the opportunity to host a meetup about NEAR and it was a full success.Markus
I was able to develop my skills and knowledge in the space.Zhihao
Want to become a Contributor?
Open web and blockchain enthusiast
What does a Contributor do?
- Run meetups for developers, dApp projects, validators and a blockchain-interested audience
- Facilitate discussions around open web use cases and sustainable business models
- Attract community members who want to get their hands dirty and build sustainable projects
We Do NOT
- Run hodler meetups
- Manage online communities for crypto traders and price pumping
- Attract community members who are only interested in crypto for investment purposes
The goal of the Contributor Program is to empower and grow the open web ecosystem through a global network. As a Contributor, you will be able to combine your existing interests and community efforts with the NEAR ecosystem. We will discuss on a one-to-one basis the activities you can get involved with, contributing to NEAR.
Build the Future Web
Connections & Exposure
Want to become a Contributor? — Apply!
The application process
- Get recommended (optional)
- Fill out the application form — the link is provided below, please provide as much detail as possible
- Application check — we will review your application
- Interview schedule — Once you have passed the application check, we’ll be in touch to set up a 20-minute call to walk you through the process and get to know you better
- Welcome to the program — We will provide you with insights to NEAR, clarify any questions that you might be having and guide you through the Contributor Handbook and additional resources in our onboarding call
University Ambassadors go through the same application process but will be provided with additional, university-specific resources.
We are still looking for ambassadors in the following cities:
|🇺🇸 San Francisco Bay Area||🇨🇳 Shenzhen|
|🇺🇸 New York||🇧🇷 São Paulo|
|🇨🇳 Beijing||🇨🇳 Hangzhou|
|🇬🇧 London||🇮🇳 Pune|
|🇮🇳 Bengaluru||🇮🇳 Hyderabad|
|🇨🇳 Shanghai||🇦🇺 Sydney|
|🇺🇸 Seattle||🇺🇦 Kyiv|
|🇫🇷 Paris||🇮🇳 Chennai|
|🇩🇪 Berlin||🇺🇸 Atlanta|
|🇺🇸 Los Angeles||🇦🇺 Melbourne|
|🇷🇺 Moscow||🇺🇸 Portland|
|🇨🇦 Toronto||🇨🇦 Montreal|
|🇺🇸 Chicago||🇮🇳 Mumbai|
|🇯🇵 Tokyo||🇳🇱 Amsterdam|
|🇺🇸 Austin||🇨🇭 Zug/Zurich|
|🇺🇸 Boston||🇨🇦 Vancouver|
|🇮🇱 Tel Aviv||🇻🇳 Ho Chi Minh City|
|🇦🇹 Vienna||🇸🇬 Singapore|
|🇦🇷 Buenos Aires||🇰🇷 Seoul|
|🇭🇰 Hong Kong|
You are not based in any of the cities? — No problem! We review applications on an individual basis.